Project Name: Alberta Post Secondary Application System Support
The Application Help Desk Analyst role will provide front line support primarily to members of the public and post-secondary institutions who require assistance with ApplyAlberta. ApplyAlberta, Alberta Post-Secondary Application System (APAS) is an online application and transcript transfer system that anyone can use to apply to undergraduate programs at one or more of Alberta's post-secondary institutions.
The resource will be assigned initially to the business area for application support. However, this role may be reassigned to work in other business areas as required.
The resource will be responsible for delivering the following services:
• The Application Help Desk Analyst provides application support to stakeholders.
• May be responsible and accountable for resolving data discrepancies related to student data within Stakeholder Registry (SHR).
• Utilizes Help Desk software to log all incoming calls into the appropriate categories, retrieve the correct response, and if required, forwards pending inquiries to the next level of expert support.
• Participate in related projects as required.
• Develop and maintain documentation as required.
• Ensures all Help Desk related policy, process and procedures are followed to track and monitor all incoming calls.
• Improves operations efficiency and effectiveness by identifying and recommending changes and enhancements.
• Contact ministry resources to resolve problems and investigate alternatives for resolution, and recommends solutions for implementing business process and systems changes.
• May co-ordinate Help Desk related activities that require communications to the external stakeholders with business areas
• Cross trains within Help Desk environment as required.
• It is preferred if resource has their own equipment, though GoA will provide laptop/desktop if necessary.
• Standard Hours of work are 08:15 – 16:30 Alberta time, Monday through Friday excluding holidays observed by the Province
• Work must be done from within Canada, due to network and data security issues.
• It is anticipated the role will be 100% remote, however in the event of an onsite meeting, the GoA does not pay for travel to attend on-site meetings, nor any expenses related to relocation, commuting, housing/accommodation, food/drink.
Notes on Location:
Resource will work remotely, though must be available for onsite meetings when required. Though onsite meetings would be rare.
• Previously this role was filled by a contractor, however, for this and all other opportunities, the Ministry seeks the best person to fill the role.
Standard Background check required
• The Supplier shall, prior to commencement of the Services, provide the Province, on its request and at no cost to the Province, with criminal record checks.
Mandatory Training Courses:
• Once hired the resource will be required to complete all mandatory training which includes but not limited to Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and Security awareness training. There may also be some optional courses as well.
Anticipated Interviews dates
• will be held between February 20-21, 2024
Refer to the Job Posting attachments for the proposed form of contract applicable to this Contingent Resource Request